Disclosure: Some of the links below may be affiliate links. That means, I may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Read my full disclosure here.
This is our first Valentine’s Day with our son! We are planning on staying home since the holiday falls in the middle of the week this year. Even though my son is young and we will be at home, I still want to make the holiday special. Although it may just seem like another commercialized event, Valentine’s day is a great way to reflect God’s love to others. Here are ten of my favorite Valentine’s day ideas for toddlers to teach them about the love of God.
Please note: some websites on the list may not be Christ-centered or theologically accurate. Endorsement of specific activities does not mean endorsement of the entire site or the author’s religious views.
Last Minute (and Inexpensive!) Valentine’s Day Ideas for Toddlers
- Bake heart-shaped cookies (let your toddler use the cookie cutter!) and give them to a neighbor or a widow from your church. Here is a cute, kid-friendly set.
- Learn a new song about God’s love. Here is a list of Bible songs from ABC Jesus Loves Me.
- Read about God’s Love. If you need a recommendation, Noël Piper wrote a children’s book called Most of All, Jesus Loves You!
- Valentine’s Day Tradition to Show Kid’s True Love | Heaven Not Harvard has a cute John 3:16 Valentine’s day printable to put on your child’s door. For their family tradition, they also add daily hearts with character traits they love about their child.
- Valentine’s Day Finger Puzzle | Path Through the Narrow Gate | Just like the cootie catchers you used to make in elementary school, this printable includes sweet illustrations, Bible verses, and Q/A’s about God’s love.
- Eleven Best Valentine’s Coloring Pages | Jelly Telly | An easy Valentine’s day craft, just print one of the coloring pages and talk about the verse that’s written on it!
- Valentine’s Day Kid’s Bible Art | Faithful Little Hands
- DIY Heart-Shaped Stamps | Danya Banya | Great Valentine’s day activity for toddlers and uses items you probably already have around the house.
- Valentine’s Day Heart Toss Game | Little Family Fun | Adorable and fun game that also helps kids with gross motor skills.
- Fingerprint Heart Valentine’s Day Tree | Arty Crafty Kids | This would make a great keepsake Valentine’s day craft to give to grandparents.
Bonus! Here are additional Valentine’s Day ideas from ABC Jesus Loves Me.
Don’t Leave Out Your Husband
Here are five last-minute and budget-friendly Valentine’s Day ideas for your husband.
- Write him a love letter.
- Cook his favorite dinner or dessert.
- Text him reasons why you love him throughout the day.
- Free Printable Love Coupons | 21 Flavors of Splendor
- Valentine’s Day Date Night On the Cheap | Starla Jimenez
What Do You Think?
Do you have any favorite Valentine’s Day traditions? Any specific Valentine’s Day ideas for toddlers that point them to the love of God?